Ford E-Transit Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know or have experience with higher charging rates at 120v? i would assume it would work since it does on most EVs. also does anyone have a good EVSE suggestion for 120v 20-30 amp charging?

note, i know you can get adapters for a TT-30 outlet but normally that will only let you charge at 15a

· Registered
11 Posts
Are you interested in higher rates at 120V "only"? The most common 120V @ 30A is an "RV" typical configuration, it's kinda unusual... But you can use either TT-30R, L5-30R.. The reason why this isn't common is that you need 10GA wire for 30A (24 continuous) - lot more power in 240V outlets.

I am seeing "adapters" from L5-30P to 14-50R. Basically you'd need an EVSE (240V) that is good with only having one side of that power AND are capable of rate setting (24A max continuous).

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you interested in higher rates at 120V "only"? The most common 120V @ 30A is an "RV" typical configuration, it's kinda unusual... But you can use either TT-30R, L5-30R.. The reason why this isn't common is that you need 10GA wire for 30A (24 continuous) - lot more power in 240V outlets.

I am seeing "adapters" from L5-30P to 14-50R. Basically you'd need an EVSE (240V) that is good with only having one side of that power AND are capable of rate setting (24A max continuous).
i'd much rather charge with 240v but i need to explore 120v also. at the very least i need to find a 120v 20a solution. hence i'm hoping someone has a product they have used that works

· Registered
11 Posts
i'd much rather charge with 240v but i need to explore 120v also. at the very least i need to find a 120v 20a solution. hence i'm hoping someone has a product they have used that works
Interestingly enough Tesla's can set their own charge rate, so you can adapt the charger that comes with the car to any outlet (via software settings). The factory ford charger does either 15A or 40A, so that's not going to work...

I know that the J+ Booster product works with a variety of receptacles and charge rates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts