Ford has unveiled a new adventure van version of the Transit called the Transit Trail. Would anyone want an e-Transit version of this if Ford offered it?
Equipped to take on more of life’s adventures
Available in three cargo van configurations, including medium- and high-roof models and a high-roof extended-length variant, the new Ford Transit Trail is equipped for improved off-highway capability with the following standard features and capabilities:
- 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine that produces 310 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque3, mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive, with five selectable drive modes, including Normal, Eco, Mud/Ruts, Tow/Haul and Slippery
- 3.5-inch increased ride height, a 2.75-inch wider track, 30.5-inch Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse all-terrain tires, and 16-inch black alloy wheels
- Black grille with integrated marker lamps and black HID headlamps, unique skid plate-style front bumper, splash guards, wheel arch cladding, front wheel arch liners, and slider-style driver- and passenger-side steps
- Heavy-Duty Trailer Package with up to 6,500-lb. towing capacity for hauling a boat, four-wheelers, snowmobiles or other adventure toys
- Tech features that enable confidence while on and off the trail with Intelligent Access with push-button start, Blind Spot Assist 1.0, Reverse and Side Sensing systems, Adaptive Cruise Control
- SYNC®4 with SiriusXM® with 360L, HD Radio™ and Ford Power-Up software updates, a 12-inch touchscreen, a high-resolution digital camera, and 110-volt, 12-volt and USB outlets
Transit Trail in the high-roof, extended-length configuration provides van-lifers up to 487 cubic feet of cargo space to upfit. Both high-roof variants provide full standing room to people as tall 6-feet, 5-inches. The cargo area floor in the extended-length model stretches more than 14 feet.
Drillable areas positioned specifically for cabinetry, shelving, bed and more allow do-it-yourselfers and upfitters to consider countless configurations. Privacy glass and an optional roof vent fan make time spent in the van more comfortable. Creature comforts in the cabin include an overhead shelf, illuminated sun visors and driver and passenger swivel seats.
An available Upfitter Package helps travelers power auxiliary accessories such as an exterior light bar and includes high-capacity upfitter switches, a larger center console, an auxiliary fuse panel with a high-spec interface connector, dual AGM batteries and a modified vehicle wiring system.